I know it's not yet Thanksgiving and I'm one of those people that hates to see Christmas candy in the grocery store before even Halloween passes, but I don't oppose at least thinking about gifts for those special people in our lives at any time. And so begins our annual "Coffee Gift Guide" for you!
This year we'll break it down by price:
- We'll start with the obvious (albeit self-serving ;) — a pound of Fresh-Roasted Coffee from House Cup Coffee. Makes for a nice stocking stuffer, pollyanna or office gift.
- Extend your gift with an automatic House Cup Coffee Subscription delivered or shipped to your recipient. They control what coffees to get, you control how much to spend and when to stop.
- Have a cold brew coffee fan on your list? This is a great item for an amazing price — the Primula Burke Deluxe Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker now only $17! Include a bag of House Cup's Cold Brew Blend custom ground for this maker to round out a great gift.
Coffee Sampler Pack - 8 sample bags of House Cup coffees, whole bean or ground to your preference, fresh roasted right here in Havertown packaged in an attractive black handle box. — $30 including free local delivery (shipping also available).
- Want to encourage your recipient to get rid of the Kcup machine and make better coffee? The Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee Maker is a great gift, looks amazing and only $40.
- Another single-cup brewer that fans rave about is the AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker. It quickly makes a shot of espresso or add more hot water for a delicious Americano drink. This one comes with filters and a nice storage bag too!
- How about a place to store those great, fresh coffee beans between use? Here's a nice, clean-looking Airfresh Valve Stainless Steel Metal Canister that would look great on the counter too!
- For our readers, there are some great books to learn more about making better coffee. We like The World Atlas of Coffee and the Brew Better Coffee at Home + Pourover Set
- Help them "up their coffee game" with a scale for more consistent, delicious coffee. We like the OXO Good Grips Scale with Pull-Out Display, currently only $49.99.
- If your recipient is into pour-overs, we like the simple design of the Fellow Stagg Pour Over Kettle available in matte black (our favorite :), copper, white and silver.
- Mugs are one of those things that coffee-lovers are particular about. But everyone can appreciate a great mug that keeps the coffee hot but doesn't burn it. Check out the Ember products, just recently updated. They have 10 oz. and 14 oz. mugs in white, black and copper as well as a 12 oz. black travel mug.
Time to replace the old, stained plastic brewer? We have a few suggestions (each of these are also currently available at Bed Bath and Beyond, so don't throw away those 20% off coupons you get in the mail - you can save a lot of money here):
- OXO also makes one of the best brewers on the market - the OXO Brew 9 Cup Coffee Maker. Has a thermal pot, heats the water to the right temperature and looks nice too!
- Having fresh ground coffee is one of the keys to a great cup. We also love OXO's Brew Conical Burr Coffee Grinder with Integrated Scale.
- If you want both a grinder and brewer together, you can't beat the Breville Grind Control Coffee Maker. It's the quietest grinder and makes a consistent pot of fresh ground, fresh brewed coffee into a thermal pot to maintain the temperature.
- If the person you're buying for has been particularly good this year, a nice espresso machine is an awesome gift. The Breville Touch Espresso Maker is a very nice "pro-sumer" brewer that doesn't quite cost 4-figures to purchase (if you use that 20% coupon). They also have a less-expensive model that is just as good but with not as many features or cool touch screen.
- Our holiday gift list wouldn't be complete without at least one ridiculous gift for the person who has everything. How about the Barisieur Coffee Brewing Alarm Clock. Only $445!