To celebrate the return of Whiskey's Gone to the online store, we're sharing our favorite recipe for making your own Irish Cream at home! We call it "Whiskey's Back Irish Cream." Adjust as desired (aka put as much booze in it as you like ;)
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2-14oz. cans Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3-1/2 cups Irish Whiskey (don't skimp here - we prefer using Jameson)
- 1 cup Whiskey's Gone Coffee (cold brewed is preferred, but ok to hot brew strong - French Press works great - then chill briefly)
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Syrup (we prefer the Hershey's Dark Chocolate)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- Pinch of sea salt
Put everything in a blender, start slow to mix everything together, then fast blend for 30 seconds. Put in a glass container (a growler perhaps) and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to chill).
Pour over an ice ball in a heavy-bottom rocks glass or shake a little with ice and pour into a chocolate-crumble-rimmed martini glass. Garnish with a fresh mint leaf.
Cheers from House Cup Coffee Roasters!